Monday, November 17, 2008

Lysistrata Post #10: Final Thoughts

Im sad we are done and moving on from Lysistrata. :'( [Tearz pouring from my face LOL!!!] But it was a great reading from the humor (puns especially) to the symbolism present. I think "Lysistrata" destroyed "Hedda Gabler" and "The House of Bernarda Alba." The humor played a major role but overall it did a much better job of grabbing and keeping my attention. I also felt it allowed the men to play a bigger role than the other two plays, more so than Bernarda and her story. One thing I believe it lack in was length. I wish it was longer so that I could still be laughing at the puns and the actions between the men and women. More or less, change can be good and its time to move on to a new piece. Question is, can it top "Lysistrata?"

1 comment:

KC said...

I think that the short length of Lysistrata was critical for making its point. If it was longer, it would seem as though it was just rambling on. With shorter responses, it is easier to get your point across, and your input is more meaningful.